Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Me!!!


November 16th, was our Anniversary, and for it we spent the day in Phoenix watching our boys wrestle at a take down tournament. All day I new Travis had no idea it was our Anniversary. So I was talking to TJ and told him that I think Dad forgot what today was. And so of course TJ goes and tells his Dad.. . (I wanted to see if he would go all day and I would have just told him the next day....Yes Yes I am so mean). So we went to the mall to get a few things for Christmas and I was ready to go and Travis was in Kay's Jewelry store. Then that's when I knew TJ opened his big mouth:). At first we were just looking a some necklaces and I had picked one out. And so I was just looking around at the Diamond rings and came across this one. He asked me if I liked it and I said I did, so he asked the sales man what deal he could get. At that time I was like even if he could give you a good deal, it still would be WAY to much money.


But he went ahead and got it anyway. I was so surprised. Travis is such a tight wad. I mean when we got married and was looking at rings he told me that he only had $300 cash and that is all I could spend and that had to include that tax. . .


When we left I asked him why he did that and he told me "I should have got you something like this when we first go married".. I was so excited and I also felt really bad cuz I only got him a pair of shoes:(


It's the start of wrestling this year and I am so excited. WAY more excited then my boys, we have been taking our boys to a few tournaments before school tournaments start. This is TJ after 2 matches he is so out of shape. He had surgery on his shoulder this summer and he was still in recovery when football started. We decided that it probably would not be a good idea for him to play football with him not being able to use his arm for 3 months. So he has been doing nothing all this time. He ended up taking 2nd place for being out of shape, and Tyler took 2nd place as a freshmen against these Varsity state champions. We were really proud of them.


4 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a great day. Beautiful ring! Can't wait to see it in person. :)

Nicole said...

Saturday was the 15th, so maybe he didn't forget the real day:)

Aubrey said...

wow!! what a beautiful ring! you deserve it!!

Honey Girl said...

Congrats on the new ring! You must have just gotten cuter and cuter over the years and he couldn't help but buy you a ring to match! :)